True Colors CIRCUS
True Colors CIRCUS: SLOW CIRCUS PROJECT “T∞KY∞ – Too Good to be a Bug”- Route guidance
Venue:Ikebukuro Nishiguchi Park Outdoor Theatre (GLOBAL RING THEATRE)
Adress: 1-8-26 Nishiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 171-0021
About 2 minutes walking from JR、Tokyo Metro (Fukutoshin Line, Marunouchi Line, Yurakucho Line), Tobu Tojo Line, Seibu Ikebukuro Line “Ikebukuro” station.
Route guidance from the south ticket gate of JR Ikebukuro Station for the people with visually impaired
- The event venue, Ikebukuro Nishiguchi Park Outdoor Theatre (GLOBAL RING THEATRE), is located in the Ikebukuro West Gate Park, where the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space and cafes are located. On the ceiling of the open-air theater is a large ring-shaped monument, commonly known as a global ring theater. It is located to the southwest of Ikebukuro Station, and the guided route is by using Exit 2a, which is directly connected to the park grounds via an underground passageway from the station.
- Let’s start from the south ticket gate of JR Ikebukuro Station. The South ticket gate is located at the end of the concourse down from the JR platform of Ikebukuro Station, toward Shinjuku and Mejiro. The ticket gate is located on the first basement floor.
- After exiting the ticket gate, you will merge with the south passageway, which connects the east and west gates directions, in a T shape. The passage is wide and busy. There is an event space in the center of the passageway.
- With your back to the ticket gate, walk about 5 meters and you will reach a braille block. Turn right and go straight toward the west gate.
- On the way, you will pass the Yurakucho Line ticket office, ticket gate, flower shop, and Lawson on your left. After Lawson, the passage is divided into a downward escalator on the left half and a downstairs on the right half. Past that, a narrow passage extends west. Take the downstairs on the right side; there are 11 steps.
- At the bottom of the stairs, the passage curves to the right in an L-shape about 5 meters ahead, then to the left in an L-shape very shortly. Turn right along the path, then quickly turn left along the path and go straight ahead. The passageway continues to the west again, in a long, narrow line.
- Walk straight for about 50 meters along the up and down sloping passage. On the way, you will notice a café on your left and a left turn-off at the corner of the café. Pass by and continue straight ahead.
- Walk down the passage for about 30 meters, and you will come to a branch again on your left. Near the fork, you will hear a sign indicating the exit to the ground. Turn left. At the end of the fork is an upstairs that leads to Exit 2a.
- After 12 steps, the staircase makes a clockwise U-shape at the landing, and goes up again. After another 9 steps, the stairs go up 19 steps via a landing.
- When you reach the top, you are on the ground. The location is near the entrance to Ikebukuro West Gate Park. In front of you is the West Gate Bus Terminal, and at 4 o’clock is the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space, which is adjacent to the Ikebukuro West Gate Park Open Air Theatre. The park is surrounded by a boardwalk.
- Turn right along the railing in front of you. Further along the curve of the railing, you will come to a bus stop. At the end of the path, on the right is the boardwalk, and on the other side of the boardwalk is the Art Theater.
- 4 meters to your right, you will be merged with a braille block on your feet.
- With the bus stop on your left and the Art Theater on your right, go straight along the boardwalk following the braille blocks. On the way, the braille blocks will branch four times toward the bus stop. Pass through the four branches, paying attention to the warning blocks that indicate the branches.
- On your way through, you will be surrounded by the event venue, the Ikebukuro West Gate Park Open Air Theater Global Ring Theater, on your right. Stop at the fifth warning block. The area on your right is near the entrance to the theater. There are no branches in this warning block.
- Please leave the braille block and walk 5 meters to the right and call the event information staff.
Route guidance from the south ticket gate of JR Ikebukuro Station for the people with visually impaired PDF Download
＊In the linked page, you can find a text guide on how to get to the venue for the people with visually impaired, using Braille blocks and other devices. Please download and use it.
A non-step route from the first basement level of Ikebukuro Station
- For the route from each line of Ikebukuro Station to the first basement level of Ikebukuro
Station, please refer to the map of each line.
Ikebukuro Station JR Line
The Tobu Tojo Line at Ikebukuro Station(JP)
Seibu Ikebukuro Linehttps://www.seiburailway.jp/railways/tourist/english/ride/station_map/ikebukuro.html
Tokyo Metro Lines (Fukutoshin Line, Marunouchi Line, Yurakucho Line)
- To get to the ground level exit from the basement floor of Ikebukuro Station, walk down the central aisle toward the west exit and use the escalator located a short distance past the Marunouchi Line ticket gates.
- Take the elevator to the ground exit and turn left toward a crosswalk, beyond which you will see the venue, Ikebukuro West Gate Park Global Ring Theater. Cross the crosswalk on your left and turn right. Follow the road until you see a 7-Eleven on your left. Cross the crosswalk in front of the 7-Eleven, and you will be able to reach the venue in a non-step.
- Clickherefor the access page of Ikebukuro Nishiguchi Park Outdoor Theatre (GLOBAL RING THEATRE)